- 1 package rice cake
- 1 package fish cake, cut in triangle shapes
- 1/2medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups water (or anchovy soup base)
- 3 -4 tablespoons red pepper paste (gochujjang)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Put rice cake (dduk), soaked in boiling water still softened then drained
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, ginger powder, salt, gochujjang; prepare sauce (dadaeki)
- In a large deep pan, boil the water, stir together with sauce till all is dissolved.
- Add sliced onions, fish cakes and rice cakes, lower the heat & simmer about 5 minutes.-stirring to ensure that the thickening sauce coats everything properly.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the rice cakes are soft all the way through, add sliced green onion and mix together.