|From Umma Yori|
- 2.5 lbs thinly sliced beef sirloin or Spencer or rib eye.
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 medium-sized brown onion, peeled, sliced.
- 1/2 medium-sized brown onion peeled, grated
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, thin strips.
- 1 Asian pear, peeled, grated or 1/3 cup seven-up
- 1/3 cup soy sauce.( you can add little more soy sauce depend on your tasty)
- 3 tablespoon sweet rice wine (Mirin)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/3 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 2-4 tablespoon sugar (depend on your tasty of sweetness)
- 2 spring green onions, washed and thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Add 2-3 tablespoon sugar over sliced beef and set a side ( to make beef softer)
- Blend the grated onion & pear ( or seven-up)
- Mix together with the soy sauce and crushed garlic, sesame seed oil, Mirin, toasted sesame seed. prepared marinade sauce.
- Add the sliced meat to the bowl, then pour the marinade over the top, then add sliced onion and carrots, green onions, cracked pepper and massage all the marinade into the meat for about 1-2 minutes, making sure none of the slices of beef are stuck together and that the marinade has been distributed evenly throughout.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for at least a few hours, ideally overnight.
- Cook over a griddle or in an un-oiled non-stick frying pan - the reason for that is that the pan juices are extremely tasty, and can be very nice poured over your bowl of rice!
You can add any vegetable ( I added snow pea) during stir-fry.