Serve: 8 Prep:10m Cook: 20m
- 10 lbs Beef Short Rib ( LA kal Bi)
- *MARINADE SAUCE*1cup soy sauce 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup Sprite or 7-up 1/2 cup cooking wine (mirin), 1/3 cup dark sesame seed oil, 1 onion, 1 Asian pear or kiwi, 3 green onions, 6 garlic cloves, 1 tsp black pepper.
- Wash the kalbi one by one from running cold water and put into the colander to drain all the water.
- Mean time, whisk all of the marinating sauce in the medium bowl.
- (optional) If Kal Bi is too thick or you like them to be soft, make them flat using the kitchen hammer.
- Dip Kalbi one by one into the marinating sauce and take it out and keep in the flat container with cover.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or over nite, the longer, the better. (time to time, turn Kalbi occasionally so that all marinade is evenly coated the meat).
- Remove ribs from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- On the grill, medium high heat, cook 5-10 mins per side until desired doneness is reached. (You can bake them in the oven at 375 degrees about 20 - 30 mins.)