- 8 ounces dried fusilli, linguine, or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz.frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp without tails, thawed (26 to 30 shrimp per lb. count)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, bias sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside. Keep warm. For sauce, stir together soy sauce, plum sauce, sesame oil, and chili paste (if using). Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (If necessary, add more oil during cooking.) Cook and stir sweet pepper and beans in hot oil for 5 minutes. Push from center of wok. Add shrimp, garlic, ginger, and black pepper to center of wok. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Stir in sauce and pea pods. Stir in pasta; heat through. To serve, top with onions and sesame seeds. Makes 4 main-dish servings.