Serving 16 slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 24 oz can of pineapple rings
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 box Duncan Hines pineapple cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water plus 1/2 cup pineapple juice from can
- 12 cup bundt pan
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray with flour.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar, cinnamon until evenly melted. Pour evenly into a greased Bundt pan.
- Open can of pineapple rings, Drain pineapple juice into measuring cup. Set a side.
- Layer pineapple rings over the butter and brown sugar mixture at the bottom of pan and placing a cherry in the center of ring and on the outside
- Add cake mix, eggs, oil and 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of pineapple juice to make batter in bowl.
- Pour slowly over pineapple design. Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan on wire rack, then turn out onto serving tray.