Serve: 4 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 10 minues
- 10 baby bok choy, if big, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil, plus a couple drop of oil
- pinch of ground ginger powder
- pinch of ground white pepper powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, add a couple drops of oil, pinch of salt and the bok choy; quickly blanch them for 20 to 30 seconds. As soon as they turn slightly wilted, drain and rinse under cold water to preserve the bright green color of the leaves. Gently squeeze each bok choy to remove excess water.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds until garlic turns light brown.
- Turn the heat off, then add water, oyster sauce, ginder powder and white pepper powder: Turn the heat back on and stir until the sauce has thickened. Add bok choys and coats the bok choy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot